Lasagna is an Italian-American dish that is frequently cooked for Christmas meals. It is equally liked by people of all ages because you can use different yummy ingredients to make it colorful and delicious. It heaped layers of long noodles, sauces, cheese and meat to increase flavor and taste of the dish. Classic recipes use meat while modern Italian recipes contain vegetables and different spices. You can successfully learn How to make lasagna by following exact recipe. Your pan should be big enough to fit all layers without any trouble. Following steps will enable you to know How to make lasagna:
How to make lasagna learning is incomplete without following ingredients:
- Olive oil
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion chopped in cubes
- 1/2 large bell pepper (green, red, or yellow), remove seeds and veins and cut in cubes about 3/4 cup
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 28-ounce tomato sauce
- 1/2 6 oz tomato paste
- 1 14-ounce crushed tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley (preferably flat leaf), packed
- 1 Tbsp Italian Seasoning
- Pinch of garlic powder and/or garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp to 1/4 cup sugar (to taste, optional)
- 1/2 lb dry lasagna noodles (requires 9 lasagna noodles - unbroken)
- 15 ounces Ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 lb (24 ounces) Mozzarella cheese, grated or sliced
- 1/4 lb (4 ounces) freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Cooking Utensils Cooking Time: Prep time: 15 minutes, Cook time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
- In first step, you have to prepare meat sauce and for this purpose crush ground beef into large skillet on medium heat until it lose its pink color. Carefully spoon off to discard unnecessary fat.
- Put necessary spices and cook it for few minutes to have soft texture. Put tomatoes and juices in the mixture through sieve to discard seeds away.
- Lower down heat and cover the pan to simmer meat for 40 minutes. Keep stirring occasionally during this time and after 40 minutes uncover the pan to let the sauce become thicker.
- Boil lasagna noodles in salted water and put them in pot to let them dry. Drain noodles carefully and rinse them with cold water to prevent sticking.
- Take 12 X 8-inch baking dish and grease it with butter. Take clean kitchen towel and spread the noodles on it to let them dry.
- Layer up lasagna noodles in the bottom of baking dish followed by half of meat sauce that should be spread evenly on noodles. Now put meat and cheese on other layers and spread them evenly too. You can repeat the same process to have more layers.
- Arrange three lasagna noodles on top and season grated cheese on the top of the noodles to cover them completely.
- Put the dish in preheated oven as per directions.
How to make Lasagna?